It’s almost 2017 and we still have no universal cure for cancer. Or do we? Where medical science has thus far failed us perhaps Mother Nature can help.
Many people speak of the benefits of going organic and being natural. Perhaps there is more wisdom in those thoughts than we initially realized. Indeed, according to various online sources including the National Foundation For Cancer Research help could be found in our very own kitchen spice cabinets and herb gardens.
What’s On The Menu?
People in Southeast Asia and India have been using curcumin for literally centuries as not only a cooking spice but also a medicinal treatment for such things as upset stomach and arthritis. According to some more recent research, curcumin may actually aid in the prevention and treatment of specific cancers such as colon cancer, ovarian cancer prostate cancer, and triple-negative breast cancer. The question now is: How do you add the curcumin to your diet?
It’s simple. Use the spice turmeric in your cooking. its active ingredient is actually curcumin.
Check out the sample recipe below. It includes an assortment of healthy benefits. Experts agree that salon is high in both omega-3 fatty acids and protein which are great for your brain and your heart as well.
(Note: The following recipe is courtesy of Perchance To Cook)
Sweet Lemon-Pepper Turmeric Salmon
You Will Need:
¼ cup of lemon juice
1 large pinch of ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon and ? teaspoon of ground turmeric, divided
½ teaspoon of agave nectar or honey
8 ounces of salmon (wild salmon if possible)
A few extra slices of lemon
one extra drizzle of honey
1. Combine ½ teaspoon of honey, ¼ teaspoon of ground turmeric, 1 pinch of ground black pepper and ¼ cup of lemon juice in a small bowl.
2. Put salmon into a large Ziploc bag, add the above mixture and refrigerate for approximately one hour in order to marinate.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Remove the salmon from the bag. Place it on a cookie sheet skin side up after adding two spoonfuls of the mixture from the bag.
5. Bake the salmon for six minutes. Flip the salmon over so that it is now skin side down. Sprinkle ? teaspoon of ground turmeric over the salmon. Sprinkle it with additional pepper.
6. Place a slice of lemon on the salmon. Drizzle some honey on the salmon and lemon slice.
7. Bake salmon for an additional six minutes or until the meat easily flakes.
Additional Ways To Include Turmeric In Your Diet
Don’t like fish? You can add turmeric to roasted vegetables such as cauliflower. Try adding a sprinkle or two of it to your soups, salads or scrambled eggs. You can even blend it into your smoothie.
So there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. The world has given us some incredibly healing natural foods. Perhaps sometimes the cures to our ills are in our own backyards. Perhaps all we need to do is give them a chance.
Note: if you have been diagnosed with cancer, please consult with your physician and personal medical team prior to making any new additions to your diet or lifestyle changes.
(All photographs are courtesy of the original owners unless otherwise indicated)From the Web
- 10 Traditional Scottish Dishes For Your Trip To Scotland
- Healthy Food For Breakfast - Best Meal Ideas You Should Follow
- Smart Guide For Covid Vaccine: Before, During, And After
- World Psoriasis Day 2021- Know Everything About This Skin Disorder
- Celebrating National Food Day In US - History, Purpose, And More