In today’s scenario, more and more people focus on their health and fitness. To stay fit and enjoy a healthy lifestyle, people prefer to add exercise to their daily routine. With time, various forms of exercise are coming up, and Zumba is one of them. It has grown as one of the most popular and preferred group exercises in recent years. As per studies, over 12 million people were inspired to perform Zumba fitness in more than 125 countries worldwide.
For those who think Zumba is just a gathering of people dancing their hearts out and getting their grooves on, in reality, it is much more than that. It’s certainly a part of Zumba fitness, but a lot more happens in a class. Zumba is a form of exercise that will make you feel like you have marched in a boot camp drill while having fun. It is a perfect way of burning calories without even realizing it. If you are interested in this fun-filled high-intensity workout, then read this article. Right from what is Zumba fitness to the benefits and the best Zumba instructors and much more, here you will find everything you need to know.
So, without wasting more time, let’s dig into the article. Learn what is Zumba fitness and get your dancing feet to move like you’re in a Miami discotheque.
What Is Zumba Fitness?
Zumba can be defined as a fitness program with dance moves likes salsa, mambo, merengue, and samba over Latin and international music. It is one such workout routine that is kind of a challenging task. Everyone has their own definition of it. However, you can simply understand Zumba fitness as a workout that includes exercises in the form of dance moves. It was introduced back in 1990, and since then, it is benefiting people worldwide.
The training centers market their Zumba classes with a slogan, “Ditch the Workout – Join the Party,” which attracts the participants. People love this fusion of dance moves from different styles with exercises. It is the sort of choreography that people do at nightclubs. The best part about Zumba fitness is that it is free-flowing. It does not require a person to be a great dancer. While performing Zumba, there’s no need to worry about stepping or clapping at the perfect time. However, you can add your creativity to have a good time working out. It is rightly said, “People don’t just love Zumba Fitness, rather they live it!”
Benefits Of Zumba Fitness
After discussing what is Zumba fitness, it is essential to talk about its benefits. Attending Zumba class comes with a lot of health, weight loss, and wellness benefits. Believe us; performing this workout right will provide you with many benefits you have never thought of. To know some of the surprising benefits, read further.
1. Fun Way Of Burning Calories
Have you ever walked into a Zumba class? If yes, you must know why it is regarded as a fun way of burning calories. Zumba is a workout routine that features movements like dance steps. It is performed in groups and over music which makes it a lot exciting. It is exercising cum dancing that will surely make you stick with it.
2. It’s A Full-Body Workout
Zumba tones the entire body. It is a blend of dancing and aerobics and lets the individual move every part of the body. It involves arms, shoulders, feet, and the complete body and helps in losing weight.
3. Builds Endurance
This is another most crucial benefit of Zumba. Since it is done over music, it is usually faster-paced than other forms of exercise. The participants try to move with the beat, which helps in building their endurance. The hour-long class of Zumba makes the body habitual of continuous movement and energy expenditure. Just after a few classes of Zumba, people start noticing the difference in their energy levels.
4. Great For Weight Loss
Zumba is a powerful exercise for burning a lot of calories in just one hour. A study has shown that 39 minutes of Zumba can burn approximately 9.5 calories per minute which sum up to 369 calories in just one class or even more. These numbers make it clear that Zumba is not just a fun exercise but also a great way of losing weight.
5. Promotes Heart Health
Zumba Fitness not just possesses aerobic benefits but also has tremendous weight loss, cardiovascular advantages. People who wish to improve their cardiovascular, respiratory system are recommended to attend Zumba classes.
Checkout: Know How To Avoid Cardiovascular Disease
Areas That Zumba Fitness Works On
Core- Most of the Zumba steps emphasize the hips, lower back, and pelvis that help in strengthening the core.
Arms- As Zumba puts stress on all the body parts, the arms are also included. However, the traditional Zumba Fitness is not primarily targeted toward the arms. But it contains the moves that tone the arms.
Legs- This form of workout includes jumping, lunges, and other choreographed movements that put pressure on the legs. It works on quads and hamstrings, just like other leg exercises.
Back- It also includes a focus on the back muscles. However, the back is not mainly considered in Zumba.
Glutes- Performing Zumba makes a person feel pressure in buns with every music beat. It works on glutes and makes muscles strong.
What Can An Individual Expect While Signing Up For Zumba Fitness Classes?
If you plan to include Zumba in your fitness routine, it is crucial to level up your study game and learn what is Zumba fitness and its classes. Knowing what to expect will help you prepare for it and let you make the most of your time. Here’s what an individual can expect.
1. Musical warm-up for pumping the blood, letting the heart go, and turning on the dance mode.
2. Introduction to a lot of new and exciting music tracks and dancing styles. Thrilling music, killer dance moves, and unique techniques are what Zumba is all about. It is where the silliness comes into play.
3. Dance like no one is watching. If you join a Zumba class, be ready to feel the vibe and be authentic. It might seem silly to you at first, but you will feel every beat of the music and get yourself to groove once you continue doing it.
4. Complete body workout feel is the best way to describe Zumba. If you want to move your whole body, then sign up for a Zumba class and burn your calories. It is a different form of workout that works on all body parts simultaneously.
Best Zumba Instructors In The World
Here is the list of top Zumba instructors in the world. They are known for showcasing their moves and letting people burn their fat on the dance floor while having a lot of fun.
Q1. How often should I do Zumba to lose weight?
Ans. The duration of Zumba class for losing weight depends upon your requirements. If you want quick results, you have to do Zumba daily for at least one hour and combine it with other exercises, workouts, and walking. However, you need to do it for around three days a week for a realistic weight loss. To enjoy better results, you must keep a check on your diet. Eating healthy and nutrient-rich food is of utmost importance for the visible differences.
Checkout: 5 Nutrient-Rich Recipes For Weight Loss
Q2. Aerobics vs. Zumba - Which one to opt for?
Ans. Most people get confused and consider Zumba and Aerobics as the same. However, they are both different forms of workouts. Now, choosing the one between the two depends wholly upon your fitness goals. For instance, if losing weight is your motive, opting for Zumba Fitness classes is a better option. Likewise, in terms of entertainment, Zumba wins. While for building muscles, you should opt for aerobics.
Q3. Is Zumba for everyone? Are there people who should not do Zumba?
Ans. No, Zumba is not for everyone. Some people should not practice this workout form or be extra cautious if they are doing so:
1. People who are suffering from back pain or have a history of spinal cord injuries.
2. It also includes those who suffer from heart disease. Although Zumba holds cardiovascular benefits, it is not suggested to people with severe heart problems because it increases heartbeats and might be dangerous.
3. Senior citizens who are not used to exercising from a young age are suggested skipping Zumba or being extra careful.
4. People with joint pain, especially in the knees, should not do Zumba because it is a high-intensity workout form that puts pressure on the joints. Doing so might result in injury.
5. Those who are not at all flexible should start with body easing exercise and then move to Zumba. It’s better to make the body a little movable with stretches and exercises.
From the Web
- Smart Guide For Covid Vaccine: Before, During, And After
- World Psoriasis Day 2021- Know Everything About This Skin Disorder
- Celebrating National Food Day In US - History, Purpose, And More
- World Food Day 2021 - A Taste Of What To Expect On This Day
- National Health Education Week 2021- Celebrate From October 18 To 22